Roofed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RoofedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Roof
• RoofDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which resembles, or corresponds to, the covering or the ceiling of a house; as, the roof of a cavern; the roof of the mouth.
- (v. t.) To inclose in a house; figuratively, to shelter.
- (v. t.) To cover with a roof.
- (n.) The surface or bed of rock immediately overlying a bed of coal or a flat vein.
- (n.) The cover of any building, including the roofing (see Roofing) and all the materials and construction necessary to carry and maintain the same upon the walls or other uprights. In the case of a building with vaulted ceilings protected by an outer roof, some writers call the vault the roof, and the outer protection the roof mask. It is better, however, to consider the vault as the ceiling only, in cases where it has farther covering.