Spiking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SpikingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Spike
• SpikeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Anything resembling such a nail in shape.
- (v. t.) To fix on a spike.
- (n.) A sort of very large nail; also, a piece of pointed iron set with points upward or outward.
- (v. t.) To stop the vent of (a gun or cannon) by driving a spike nail, or the like into it.
- (n.) Spike lavender. See Lavender.
- (v. t.) To set or furnish with spikes.
- (n.) A kind of flower cluster in which sessile flowers are arranged on an unbranched elongated axis.
- (n.) An ear of corn or grain.
- (v. t.) To fasten with spikes, or long, large nails; as, to spike down planks.