Saluting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SalutingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Salute
• SaluteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To promote the welfare and safety of; to benefit; to gratify.
- (v. t.) To honor, as some day, person, or nation, by a discharge of cannon or small arms, by dipping colors, by cheers, etc.
- (v. t.) To address, as with expressions of kind wishes and courtesy; to greet; to hail.
- (v.) A sign, token, or ceremony, expressing good will, compliment, or respect, as a kiss, a bow, etc.
- (v.) The act of saluting, or expressing kind wishes or respect; salutation; greeting.
- (v.) A token of respect or honor for some distinguished or official personage, for a foreign vessel or flag, or for some festival or event, as by presenting arms, by a discharge of cannon, volleys of small arms, dipping the colors or the topsails, etc.
- (v. t.) Hence, to give a sign of good will; to compliment by an act or ceremony, as a kiss, a bow, etc.