Seamed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SeamedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Seam
- (a.) Out of condition; not in good condition; -- said of a hawk.
• SeamDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A line or depression left by a cut or wound; a scar; a cicatrix.
- (n.) Hence, a line of junction; a joint; a suture, as on a ship, a floor, or other structure; the line of union, or joint, of two boards, planks, metal plates, etc.
- (n.) The fold or line formed by sewing together two pieces of cloth or leather.
- (n.) The quantity of eight bushels of grain.
- (v. t.) To make the appearance of a seam in, as in knitting a stocking; hence, to knit with a certain stitch, like that in such knitting.
- (n.) The quantity of 120 pounds of glass.
- (v. t.) To form a seam upon or of; to join by sewing together; to unite.
- (v. t.) To mark with something resembling a seam; to line; to scar.
- (n.) Grease; tallow; lard.
- (n.) A thin layer or stratum; a narrow vein between two thicker strata; as, a seam of coal.
- (v. i.) To become ridgy; to crack open.
- (n.) A denomination of weight or measure.