Singular Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SingularDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Each; individual; as, to convey several parcels of land, all and singular.
- (a.) Standing by itself; out of the ordinary course; unusual; uncommon; strange; as, a singular phenomenon.
- (n.) An individual instance; a particular.
- (a.) Being alone; belonging to, or being, that of which there is but one; unique.
- (n.) The singular number, or the number denoting one person or thing; a word in the singular number.
- (a.) Distinguished as existing in a very high degree; rarely equaled; eminent; extraordinary; exceptional; as, a man of singular gravity or attainments.
- (a.) Engaged in by only one on a side; single.
- (a.) Existing by itself; single; individual.
- (a.) Separate or apart from others; single; distinct.
- (a.) Departing from general usage or expectations; odd; whimsical; -- often implying disapproval or consure.
- (a.) Denoting one person or thing; as, the singular number; -- opposed to dual and plural.
• SingularityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Possession of a particular or exclusive privilege, prerogative, or distinction.
- (n.) The quality or state of being singular; some character or quality of a thing by which it is distinguished from all, or from most, others; peculiarity.
- (n.) Celibacy.
- (n.) Anything singular, rare, or curious.