Softened Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SoftenedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Soften
• SoftenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To become soft or softened, or less rude, harsh, severe, or obdurate.
- (v. t.) To mollify; to make less fierce or intractable.
- (v. t.) To compose; to mitigate; to assuage.
- (v. t.) To make soft or more soft.
- (v. t.) To palliate; to represent as less enormous; as, to soften a fault.
- (v. t.) To make less glaring; to tone down; as, to soften the coloring of a picture.
- (v. t.) To make tender; to make effeminate; to enervate; as, troops softened by luxury.
- (v. t.) To make less harsh or grating, or of a quality the opposite; as, to soften the voice.
- (v. t.) To render less hard; -- said of matter.
- (v. t.) To make less harsh, less rude, less offensive, or less violent, or to render of an opposite quality.