Thrill Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ThrillDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To hurl; to throw; to cast.
- (v. t.) A breathing place or hole; a nostril, as of a bird.
- (v. i.) To feel a sharp, shivering, tingling, or exquisite sensation, running through the body.
- (n.) A sensation as of being thrilled; a tremulous excitement; as, a thrill of horror; a thrill of joy.
- (n.) A drill. See 3d Drill, 1.
- (v. t.) Hence, to affect, as if by something that pierces or pricks; to cause to have a shivering, throbbing, tingling, or exquisite sensation; to pierce; to penetrate.
- (v. i.) To pierce, as something sharp; to penetrate; especially, to cause a tingling sensation that runs through the system with a slight shivering; as, a sharp sound thrills through the whole frame.
- (n.) A warbling; a trill.
- (v. t.) To perforate by a pointed instrument; to bore; to transfix; to drill.
• ThrillingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Thrill
- (a.) Causing a thrill; causing tremulous excitement; deeply moving; as, a thrilling romance.
• ThrilledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Thrill