Tonsured Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TonsuredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having the tonsure; shaven; shorn; clipped; hence, bald.
• TonsureDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The shaven corona, or crown, which priests wear as a mark of their order and of their rank.
- (n.) The first ceremony used for devoting a person to the service of God and the church; the first degree of the clericate, given by a bishop, abbot, or cardinal priest, consisting in cutting off the hair from a circular space at the back of the head, with prayers and benedictions; hence, entrance or admission into minor orders.
- (n.) The act of clipping the hair, or of shaving the crown of the head; also, the state of being shorn.