Tormenting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• tormentingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Torment
- (a.) Causing torment; as, a tormenting dream.
• TormentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An engine for casting stones.
- (v. t.) To put to extreme pain or anguish; to inflict excruciating misery upon, either of body or mind; to torture.
- (v. t.) To pain; to distress; to afflict.
- (n.) Extreme pain; anguish; torture; the utmost degree of misery, either of body or mind.
- (v. t.) To put into great agitation.
- (n.) That which gives pain, vexation, or misery.
- (v. t.) To tease; to vex; to harass; as, to be tormented with importunities, or with petty annoyances.