Tram Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TramDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To convey or transport on a tramway or on a tram car.
- (n.) Same as Trammel, n., 6.
- (v. i.) To operate, or conduct the business of, a tramway; to travel by tramway.
- (n.) A car on a horse railroad.
- (n.) A four-wheeled truck running on rails, and used in a mine, as for carrying coal or ore.
- (n.) The shaft of a cart.
- (n.) One of the rails of a tramway.
- (n.) A silk thread formed of two or more threads twisted together, used especially for the weft, or cross threads, of the best quality of velvets and silk goods.
• Trammel wheelDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A circular plate or a cross, with two or more cross grooves intersecting at the center, used on the end of a shaft to transmit motion to another shaft not in line with the first.
• TrambleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To wash, as tin ore, with a shovel in a frame fitted for the purpose.