Twine Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TwineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To wind about; to embrace; to entwine.
- (v. i.) To mutually twist together; to become mutually involved.
- (n.) To change the direction of.
- (n.) To mingle; to mix.
- (n.) The act of twining or winding round.
- (n.) A twist; a convolution.
- (n.) To twist together; to form by twisting or winding of threads; to wreathe; as, fine twined linen.
- (v. i.) To turn round; to revolve.
- (v. i.) To wind; to bend; to make turns; to meander.
- (n.) A strong thread composed of two or three smaller threads or strands twisted together, and used for various purposes, as for binding small parcels, making nets, and the like; a small cord or string.
- (n.) To wind, as one thread around another, or as any flexible substance around another body.
- (v. i.) To ascend in spiral lines about a support; to climb spirally; as, many plants twine.
• TwinerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any plant which twines about a support.