Weeping Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WeepingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Pertaining to lamentation, or those who weep.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Weep
- (a.) Having slender, pendent branches; -- said of trees; as, weeping willow; a weeping ash.
- (n.) The act of one who weeps; lamentation with tears; shedding of tears.
- (a.) Grieving; lamenting; shedding tears.
- (a.) Discharging water, or other liquid, in drops or very slowly; surcharged with water.
• WeepDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The lapwing; the wipe; -- so called from its cry.
- (v. i.) Formerly, to express sorrow, grief, or anguish, by outcry, or by other manifest signs; in modern use, to show grief or other passions by shedding tears; to shed tears; to cry.
- (v. t.) To lament; to bewail; to bemoan.
- (v. t.) To shed, or pour forth, as tears; to shed drop by drop, as if tears; as, to weep tears of joy.
- (v. i.) To drop water, or the like; to drip; to be soaked.
- (v. i.) To hang the branches, as if in sorrow; to be pendent; to droop; -- said of a plant or its branches.
- (v. i.) To flow in drops; to run in drops.
- (v. i.) To lament; to complain.
- () imp. of Weep, for wept.
• WeepinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a weeping manner.
• Weeping treeDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A tree from which honeydew or other liquid secretions of insects drip in considerable quantities, esp. one infested by the larvae of any species of the genus Ptylus, allied to the cuckoo spits, which in tropical countries secrete large quantities of a watery fluid.
- () Any tree having pendulous branches.