• Thawing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Thaw
• Thaw Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) Fig.: To grow gentle or genial.
- (v. t.) To cause (frozen things, as earth, snow, ice) to melt, soften, or dissolve.
- (v. i.) To become so warm as to melt ice and snow; -- said in reference to the weather, and used impersonally.
- (v. i.) To melt, dissolve, or become fluid; to soften; -- said of that which is frozen; as, the ice thaws.
- (n.) The melting of ice, snow, or other congealed matter; the resolution of ice, or the like, into the state of a fluid; liquefaction by heat of anything congealed by frost; also, a warmth of weather sufficient to melt that which is congealed.