• Thirsted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Thirst
• Thirst Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To feel thirst; to experience a painful or uneasy sensation of the throat or fauces, as for want of drink.
- (n.) A sensation of dryness in the throat associated with a craving for liquids, produced by deprivation of drink, or by some other cause (as fear, excitement, etc.) which arrests the secretion of the pharyngeal mucous membrane; hence, the condition producing this sensation.
- (n.) Fig.: A want and eager desire after anything; a craving or longing; -- usually with for, of, or after; as, the thirst for gold.
- (v. t.) To have a thirst for.
- (n.) To have a vehement desire.