• Thrilled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Thrill
• Thrill Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To hurl; to throw; to cast.
- (v. t.) A breathing place or hole; a nostril, as of a bird.
- (v. i.) To feel a sharp, shivering, tingling, or exquisite sensation, running through the body.
- (n.) A sensation as of being thrilled; a tremulous excitement; as, a thrill of horror; a thrill of joy.
- (n.) A drill. See 3d Drill, 1.
- (v. t.) Hence, to affect, as if by something that pierces or pricks; to cause to have a shivering, throbbing, tingling, or exquisite sensation; to pierce; to penetrate.
- (v. i.) To pierce, as something sharp; to penetrate; especially, to cause a tingling sensation that runs through the system with a slight shivering; as, a sharp sound thrills through the whole frame.
- (n.) A warbling; a trill.
- (v. t.) To perforate by a pointed instrument; to bore; to transfix; to drill.