• Transposition Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of transposing, or the state of being transposed.
- (n.) The bringing of any term of an equation from one side over to the other without destroying the equation.
- (n.) A change of the natural order of words in a sentence; as, the Latin and Greek languages admit transposition, without inconvenience, to a much greater extent than the English.
- (n.) A change of a composition into another key.
• Transpositional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to transposition; involving transposition.