• Treated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Treat
• Treat Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To care for medicinally or surgically; to manage in the use of remedies or appliances; as, to treat a disease, a wound, or a patient.
- (v. i.) To negotiate; to come to terms of accommodation; -- often followed by with; as, envoys were appointed to treat with France.
- (n.) That which affords entertainment; a gratification; a satisfaction; as, the concert was a rich treat.
- (v. i.) To discourse; to handle a subject in writing or speaking; to make discussion; -- usually with of; as, Cicero treats of old age and of duties.
- (v. i.) To give a gratuitous entertainment, esp. of food or drink, as a compliment.
- (v. t.) To subject to some action; to apply something to; as, to treat a substance with sulphuric acid.
- (v. t.) To entertain with food or drink, especially the latter, as a compliment, or as an expression of friendship or regard; as, to treat the whole company.
- (v. t.) To handle; to manage; to use; to bear ones self toward; as, to treat prisoners cruelly; to treat children kindly.
- (v. t.) To discourse on; to handle in a particular manner, in writing or speaking; as, to treat a subject diffusely.
- (n.) An entertainment given as an expression of regard.
- (n.) A parley; a conference.
- (v. t.) To entreat; to beseech.
- (v. t.) To negotiate; to settle; to make terms for.