• Tutoring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tutor
• Tutor Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To have the guardianship or care of; to teach; to instruct.
- (n.) An officer or member of some hall, who instructs students, and is responsible for their discipline.
- (n.) A private or public teacher.
- (n.) One who has the charge of a child or pupil and his estate; a guardian.
- (n.) An instructor of a lower rank than a professor.
- (n.) One who guards, protects, watches over, or has the care of, some person or thing.
- (v. t.) To play the tutor toward; to treat with authority or severity.
- (n.) A treasurer; a keeper.