• Unbending Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Unyielding in will; not subject to persuasion or influence; inflexible; resolute; -- applied to persons.
- (a.) Unyielding in nature; unchangeable; fixed; -- applied to abstract ideas; as, unbending truths.
- (a.) Devoted to relaxation or amusement.
- (a.) Not bending; not suffering flexure; not yielding to pressure; stiff; -- applied to material things.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Unbend
• Unbend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To relax in exertion, attention, severity, or the like; hence, to indulge in mirth or amusement.
- (v. t.) To free from flexure; to make, or allow to become, straight; to loosen; as, to unbend a bow.
- (v. t.) A remit from a strain or from exertion; to set at ease for a time; to relax; as, to unbend the mind from study or care.
- (v. t.) To unfasten, as sails, from the spars or stays to which they are attached for use.
- (v. i.) To cease to be bent; to become straight or relaxed.
- (v. t.) To cast loose or untie, as a rope.