• Unity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The peculiar characteristics of an estate held by several in joint tenancy.
- (n.) Any definite quantity, or aggregate of quantities or magnitudes taken as one, or for which 1 is made to stand in calculation; thus, in a table of natural sines, the radius of the circle is regarded as unity.
- (n.) The state of being one; oneness.
- (n.) Concord; harmony; conjunction; agreement; uniformity; as, a unity of proofs; unity of doctrine.
- (n.) Such a combination of parts as to constitute a whole, or a kind of symmetry of style and character.
- (n.) In dramatic composition, one of the principles by which a uniform tenor of story and propriety of representation are preserved; conformity in a composition to these; in oratory, discourse, etc., the due subordination and reference of every part to the development of the leading idea or the eastablishment of the main proposition.