• Upland Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) High land; ground elevated above the meadows and intervals which lie on the banks of rivers, near the sea, or between hills; land which is generally dry; -- opposed to lowland, meadow, marsh, swamp, interval, and the like.
- (n.) The country, as distinguished from the neighborhood of towns.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to uplands; being on upland; high in situation; as, upland inhabitants; upland pasturage.
- (a.) Pertaining to the country, as distinguished from the neighborhood of towns; rustic; rude; unpolished.
• Uplander Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One dwelling in the upland; hence, a countryman; a rustic.
- (n.) The upland sandpiper.
• Uplandish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to uplands; dwelling on high lands.
- (a.) Rude; rustic; unpolished; uncivilized.