• Vent Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The anal opening of certain invertebrates and fishes; also, the external cloacal opening of reptiles, birds, amphibians, and many fishes.
- (n.) A baiting place; an inn.
- (v. t.) To let out at a vent, or small aperture; to give passage or outlet to.
- (n.) Sectional area of the passage for gases divided by the length of the same passage in feet.
- (n.) Emission; escape; passage to notice or expression; publication; utterance.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a vent; to make a vent in; as, to vent. a mold.
- (v. t.) To scent, as a hound.
- (n.) A small aperture; a hole or passage for air or any fluid to escape; as, the vent of a cask; the vent of a mold; a volcanic vent.
- (v. t.) To suffer to escape from confinement; to let out; to utter; to pour forth; as, to vent passion or complaint.
- (n.) Fig.: Opportunity of escape or passage from confinement or privacy; outlet.
- (v. t.) To sell; to vend.
- (v. i.) To snuff; to breathe or puff out; to snort.
- (v. t.) To utter; to report; to publish.
- (n.) Sale; opportunity to sell; market.
- (n.) The opening at the breech of a firearm, through which fire is communicated to the powder of the charge; touchhole.
• Ventriculite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of siliceous fossil sponges belonging to Ventriculites and allied genera, characteristic of the Cretaceous period.
• Venturer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who ventures, or puts to hazard; an adventurer.
- (n.) A strumpet; a prostitute.