• Vernacular Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The vernacular language; ones mother tongue; often, the common forms of expression in a particular locality.
- (a.) Belonging to the country of ones birth; ones own by birth or nature; native; indigenous; -- now used chiefly of language; as, English is our vernacular language.
• Vernacularization Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or process of making vernacular, or the state of being made vernacular.
• Vernacularism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A vernacular idiom.