• Viol Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A large rope sometimes used in weighing anchor.
- (n.) A stringed musical instrument formerly in use, of the same form as the violin, but larger, and having six strings, to be struck with a bow, and the neck furnished with frets for stopping the strings.
• Violative Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Violating, or tending to violate.
• Violent Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Acting, characterized, or produced by unjust or improper force; outrageous; unauthorized; as, a violent attack on the right of free speech.
- (a.) Produced or effected by force; not spontaneous; unnatural; abnormal.
- (a.) Moving or acting with physical strength; urged or impelled with force; excited by strong feeling or passion; forcible; vehement; impetuous; fierce; furious; severe; as, a violent blow; the violent attack of a disease.
- (v. t.) To urge with violence.
- (n.) An assailant.
- (v. i.) To be violent; to act violently.