• Wager Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) That on which bets are laid; the subject of a bet.
- (v. t.) To hazard on the issue of a contest, or on some question that is to be decided, or on some casualty; to lay; to stake; to bet.
- (v. t.) A contract by which two parties or more agree that a certain sum of money, or other thing, shall be paid or delivered to one of them, on the happening or not happening of an uncertain event.
- (v. i.) To make a bet; to lay a wager.
- (v. t.) Something deposited, laid, or hazarded on the event of a contest or an unsettled question; a bet; a stake; a pledge.
• Wagering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wager
- (a.) Hazarding; pertaining to the act of one who wagers.
• Wagered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Wager