• Was Definition & Synonyms
- (imp.) of Be
- (v.) The first and third persons singular of the verb be, in the indicative mood, preterit (imperfect) tense; as, I was; he was.
• Washermen Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Washerman
• Washhouse Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An outbuilding for washing, esp. one for washing clothes; a laundry.
• Waster Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A kind of cudgel; also, a blunt-edged sword used as a foil.
- (v. t.) One who, or that which, wastes; one who squanders; one who consumes or expends extravagantly; a spendthrift; a prodigal.
- (v. t.) An imperfection in the wick of a candle, causing it to waste; -- called also a thief.