• Wheeling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of conveying anything, or traveling, on wheels, or in a wheeled vehicle.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wheel
- (n.) A turning, or circular movement.
- (n.) Condition of a road or roads, which admits of passing on wheels; as, it is good wheeling, or bad wheeling.
- (n.) The act or practice of using a cycle; cycling.
• Wheel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument of torture formerly used.
- (v. i.) To change direction, as if revolving upon an axis or pivot; to turn; as, the troops wheeled to the right.
- (n.) Any instrument having the form of, or chiefly consisting of, a wheel.
- (n.) A spinning wheel. See under Spinning.
- (v. i.) To roll forward.
- (v. t.) To convey on wheels, or in a wheeled vehicle; as, to wheel a load of hay or wood.
- (n.) A firework which, while burning, is caused to revolve on an axis by the reaction of the escaping gases.
- (n.) A rolling or revolving body; anything of a circular form; a disk; an orb.
- (n.) A circular frame having handles on the periphery, and an axle which is so connected with the tiller as to form a means of controlling the rudder for the purpose of steering.
- (v. i.) To turn on an axis, or as on an axis; to revolve; to more about; to rotate; to gyrate.
- (n.) A potters wheel. See under Potter.
- (n.) The burden or refrain of a song.
- (n.) A bicycle or a tricycle; a velocipede.
- (n.) A circular frame turning about an axis; a rotating disk, whether solid, or a frame composed of an outer rim, spokes or radii, and a central hub or nave, in which is inserted the axle, -- used for supporting and conveying vehicles, in machinery, and for various purposes; as, the wheel of a wagon, of a locomotive, of a mill, of a watch, etc.
- (v. t.) To put into a rotatory motion; to cause to turn or revolve; to cause to gyrate; to make or perform in a circle.
- (n.) A turn revolution; rotation; compass.
- (v. i.) To go round in a circuit; to fetch a compass.