• Whiffing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Whiff
- (n.) The act of one who, or that which, whiffs.
- (n.) A mode of fishing with a hand line for pollack, mackerel, and the like.
• Whiff Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A glimpse; a hasty view.
- (v. i.) To emit whiffs, as of smoke; to puff.
- (v. t.) To carry or convey by a whiff, or as by a whiff; to puff or blow away.
- (n.) A sudden expulsion of air from the mouth; a quick puff or slight gust, as of air or smoke.
- (n.) The marysole, or sail fluke.
- (v. t.) To throw out in whiffs; to consume in whiffs; to puff.