• Wink Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause (the eyes) to wink.
- (n.) The act of closing, or closing and opening, the eyelids quickly; hence, the time necessary for such an act; a moment.
- (n.) A hint given by shutting the eye with a significant cast.
- (v. i.) To be dim and flicker; as, the light winks.
- (v. i.) To nod; to sleep; to nap.
- (v. i.) To give a hint by a motion of the eyelids, often those of one eye only.
- (v. i.) To close and open the eyelids quickly; to nictitate; to blink.
- (v. i.) To shut the eyes quickly; to close the eyelids with a quick motion.
- (v. i.) To avoid taking notice, as if by shutting the eyes; to connive at anything; to be tolerant; -- generally with at.
• Winking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wink