• Wise Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) Dictated or guided by wisdom; containing or exhibiting wisdom; well adapted to produce good effects; judicious; discreet; as, a wise saying; a wise scheme or plan; wise conduct or management; a wise determination.
- (v.) Having knowledge; knowing; enlightened; of extensive information; erudite; learned.
- (v.) Versed in art or science; skillful; dexterous; specifically, skilled in divination.
- (v.) Hence, prudent; calculating; shrewd; wary; subtle; crafty.
- (v.) Hence, especially, making due use of knowledge; discerning and judging soundly concerning what is true or false, proper or improper; choosing the best ends and the best means for accomplishing them; sagacious.
- (v.) Way of being or acting; manner; mode; fashion.
• Wiseling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who pretends to be wise; a wiseacre; a witling.
• Wisely Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a wise manner; prudently; judiciously; discreetly; with wisdom.