• Worship Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To respect; to honor; to treat with civil reverence.
- (a.) Obsequious or submissive respect; extravagant admiration; adoration.
- (a.) Excellence of character; dignity; worth; worthiness.
- (v. i.) To perform acts of homage or adoration; esp., to perform religious service.
- (a.) The act of paying divine honors to the Supreme Being; religious reverence and homage; adoration, or acts of reverence, paid to God, or a being viewed as God.
- (a.) Hence, a title of honor, used in addresses to certain magistrates and others of rank or station.
- (a.) Honor; respect; civil deference.
- (a.) An object of worship.
- (v. t.) To honor with extravagant love and extreme submission, as a lover; to adore; to idolize.
- (v. t.) To pay divine honors to; to reverence with supreme respect and veneration; to perform religious exercises in honor of; to adore; to venerate.
• Worshipping Definition & Synonyms
- () of Worship