1. Heat oil in large saucepan, add leeks, garlic, chilli, rosemary and sage and cook for five minutes until soft.
2. Add rice and stir over a medium heat until absorbed.
3. Gradually add remaining stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring occasionally, making sure each addition is absorbed before adding the next.
4. Continue until the rice is tender and all the stock absorbed, about 25 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in 100 gms of Gruyere cheese and cream.
6. Cover and allow to stand for five minutes. Season to taste.
7. Top with remaining Gruyere cheese and a dash of black pepper.
8. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and Gruyere shavings.