1. Heat the ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, cloves, peppercons and bay leaf and saute till fragrant.
2. Add the onion, ginger paste and garlic paste and saute for one more minute.
3. Add the potato and mix well.
4. Stir in the dal and rice.
5. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder and green chillies and mix well.
6. Add four cups of water and salt.
7. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and cook till almost done.
8. Stir in the tomato puree and coriander leaves.
9. Mash the mixture slightly with the back of a ladle.
10. Cook, covered, over low heat for eight to ten minutes and serve.