1. Heat half oil first fry chopped chicken in hot oil, fry until brown, pour water in it and cook for 15 minutes until stock remains 2 cups.
2. In another pan, heat the remaining oil, fry all the vegetables then add curry leaves then chilies, salt, tomato puree, ginger and cumin then add cooked chicken and boiled lentils.
3. Cook at least 10 minutes, then pour chicken stock, crushed green chilies, and coriander leaves.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Delicious lentil hot pot is ready to serve with rice.