1. Cut the meat into 3/4 inch/ 2 cm cubes.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion.
3. Heat the fat in a large pot (12 cup/3 litre capcity), then cook the onions until translucent.
4. Add the caraway and the crushed garlic and cook briefly.
5. Remove from heat and add ground paprika and meat and season with salt.
6. Cover with a lid and leave to cook gently, adding a little water if necessary.
7. Add the parsley stalks seeded and chopped bell peppers, quartered tomato and the celery leaves when the meat is half coocked.
8. Pour over 1.5 litres water and simmer genly for 15-20 minutes.
9. Then add the peeled and chopped potatoes.
10. Break some pasta into small peices and add to the soup once the meat and potatoes are cooked.
11. Cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.