1. Heat a small non-stick pan and when hot, add the mint leaves and dry roast till they are crisp.
2. Crush them slightly and keep aside.
3. Clean, wash and drain the masoor dal and rice.
4. Add the onions, carrots, tomatoes and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
5. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
6. Blend in a mixer till smooth.
7. Transfer to a pan, add 1/2 cup of water, milk, chilli flakes, roasted mint leaves and salt and simmer for a few minutes.
8. Serve hot garnished with mint leaves.