1. Cut the vegetables into small pieces, wash and drain off the water. Keep aside.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, fry the onions to a transparent stage, add the garlic paste and cook for a minute.
3. Add the carrots, cabbage, leeks, celery, parsley and tomato puree and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable stock, and when it comes to the boiling point, add the macaroni, pepper and salt.
5. Continue cooking over low heat till the vegetables and macaroni are cooked.
6. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle the cheese and serve hot.