1. To make the prawn stock, clean, wash and roast prawn heads in a preheated grill for eight to ten minutes.
2. Place in a thick bottomed pan with the shells, bay leaf, peppercrons, celery, onion and carrot.
3. Add five cups of water and bring the stock to a boil.
4. Lower heat, cover and simmer for eight to ten minutes.
5. Strain through a piece of muslin.
6. Cook potatoes, onion, celery, half the sweet corn, two cups of prawn stock and salt in a pan till done.
7. Strain and reserve the cooking liquid.
8. Cool and process the solids in a blender with enough reserved liquid, till smooth.
9. Transfer the potato mixture back to the pan, add the remaining stock, capsicum and remaining sweet corn.
10. Cover and cook on low heat for two minutes.
11. Add prawns and continue to cook for another two minutes.
12. Add curshed peppercorns, adjust seasoning and cook for one minute.
13. Pour into individual soup bowls and serve hot with breadsticks.