1. Wash lentil and rice.
2. Soak in water for half an hour.
3. Fry mutton in butter adding salt, spices, bay leaf, onion and garlic.
4. Add water and leave to boil for 10 minutes.
5. Add lentil and rice to the mutton and boil for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6. A pressure cooker can be used for cooking all the ingredients together for 30 minutes.
7. When cooked add turmeric and cumin and leave on the burner for further 5 minutes.
8. Add a few drops of lemon juice.
9. Garnish the lentil soup with coriander, lemon and pieces of baked bread.