• Acknowledging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Acknowledge
• Acknowledge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To of or admit the knowledge of; to recognize as a fact or truth; to declare ones belief in; as, to acknowledge the being of a God.
- (v. t.) To own or recognize in a particular character or relationship; to admit the claims or authority of; to give recognition to.
- (v. t.) To own with gratitude or as a benefit or an obligation; as, to acknowledge a favor, the receipt of a letter.
- (v. t.) To own as genuine; to assent to, as a legal instrument, to give it validity; to avow or admit in legal form; as, to acknowledgea deed.