• Acquainted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Acquaint
- (a.) Personally known; familiar. See To be acquainted with, under Acquaint, v. t.
• Acquaint Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Acquainted.
- (v. t.) To furnish or give experimental knowledge of; to make (one) to know; to make familiar; -- followed by with.
- (v. t.) To communicate notice to; to inform; to make cognizant; -- followed by with (formerly, also, by of), or by that, introducing the intelligence; as, to acquaint a friend with the particulars of an act.
- (v. t.) To familiarize; to accustom.
• Acquaintedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) State of being acquainted; degree of acquaintance.