• Advocating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Advocate
• Advocate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who defends, vindicates, or espouses any cause by argument; a pleader; as, an advocate of free trade, an advocate of truth.
- (n.) Christ, considered as an intercessor.
- (n.) One who pleads the cause of another. Specifically: One who pleads the cause of another before a tribunal or judicial court; a counselor.
- (n.) To plead in favor of; to defend by argument, before a tribunal or the public; to support, vindicate, or recommend publicly.
- (v. i.) To act as advocate.