• Aged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Age
- (a.) Having a certain age; at the age of; having lived; as, a man aged forty years.
- (a.) Belonging to old age.
- (a.) Old; having lived long; having lived almost to or beyond the usual time allotted to that species of being; as, an aged man; an aged oak.
• Age Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The whole duration of a being, whether animal, vegetable, or other kind; lifetime.
- (n.) A particular period of time in history, as distinguished from others; as, the golden age, the age of Pericles.
- (n.) The people who live at a particular period; hence, a generation.
- (v. i.) To grow aged; to become old; to show marks of age; as, he grew fat as he aged.
- (n.) A century; the period of one hundred years.
- (n.) The latter part of life; an advanced period of life; seniority; state of being old.
- (n.) The time of life at which some particular power or capacity is understood to become vested; as, the age of consent; the age of discretion.
- (n.) A long time.
- (n.) One of the stages of life; as, the age of infancy, of youth, etc.
- (n.) A great period in the history of the Earth.
- (n.) That part of the duration of a being or a thing which is between its beginning and any given time; as, what is the present age of a man, or of the earth?
- (n.) Mature age; especially, the time of life at which one attains full personal rights and capacities; as, to come of age; he (or she) is of age.
- (v. t.) To cause to grow old; to impart the characteristics of age to; as, grief ages us.
- (n.) In poker, the right belonging to the player to the left of the dealer to pass the first round in betting, and then to come in last or stay out; also, the player holding this position; the eldest hand.
• Agedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being aged; oldness.
• Agedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In the manner of an aged person.