• Amplifying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Amplify
• Amplify Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To become larger.
- (v. t.) To render larger, more extended, or more intense, and the like; -- used especially of telescopes, microscopes, etc.
- (v. t.) To enlarge by addition or discussion; to treat copiously by adding particulars, illustrations, etc.; to expand; to make much of.
- (v. i.) To speak largely or copiously; to be diffuse in argument or description; to dilate; to expatiate; -- often with on or upon.