• Annealing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The burning of metallic colors into glass, earthenware, etc.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Anneal
- (n.) The process used to render glass, iron, etc., less brittle, performed by allowing them to cool very gradually from a high heat.
• Anneal Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To subject to great heat, and then cool slowly, as glass, cast iron, steel, or other metal, for the purpose of rendering it less brittle; to temper; to toughen.
- (v. t.) To heat, as glass, tiles, or earthenware, in order to fix the colors laid on them.