• Apprehension Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The faculty by which ideas are conceived; understanding; as, a man of dull apprehension.
- (n.) The act of seizing or taking hold of; seizure; as, the hand is an organ of apprehension.
- (n.) Opinion; conception; sentiment; idea.
- (n.) Anticipation, mostly of things unfavorable; distrust or fear at the prospect of future evil.
- (n.) The act of grasping with the intellect; the contemplation of things, without affirming, denying, or passing any judgment; intellection; perception.
- (n.) The act of seizing or taking by legal process; arrest; as, the felon, after his apprehension, escaped.