• Articulation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of putting together with a joint or joints; any meeting of parts in a joint.
- (n.) A joint or juncture between bones in the skeleton.
- (n.) A sound made by the vocal organs; an articulate utterance or an elementary sound, esp. a consonant.
- (n.) The state of being jointed; connection of parts.
- (n.) One of the parts intercepted between the joints; also, a subdivision into parts at regular or irregular intervals as a result of serial intermission in growth, as in the cane, grasses, etc.
- (n.) The utterance of the elementary sounds of a language by the appropriate movements of the organs, as in pronunciation; as, a distinct articulation.
- (n.) One of the nodes or joints, as in cane and maize.
- (n.) The connection of the parts of a plant by joints, as in pods.