• Artifice Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Artful or skillful contrivance.
- (n.) A handicraft; a trade; art of making.
- (n.) Crafty device; an artful, ingenious, or elaborate trick. [Now the usual meaning.]
- (n.) Workmanship; a skillfully contrived work.
• Artificer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who makes or contrives; a deviser, inventor, or framer.
- (n.) A cunning or artful fellow.
- (n.) A military mechanic, as a blacksmith, carpenter, etc.; also, one who prepares the shells, fuses, grenades, etc., in a military laboratory.
- (n.) An artistic worker; a mechanic or manufacturer; one whose occupation requires skill or knowledge of a particular kind, as a silversmith.