• Ascended Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ascend
• Ascend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To move upward; to mount; to go up; to rise; -- opposed to descend.
- (v. t.) To go or move upward upon or along; to climb; to mount; to go up the top of; as, to ascend a hill, a ladder, a tree, a river, a throne.
- (v. i.) To rise, in a figurative sense; to proceed from an inferior to a superior degree, from mean to noble objects, from particulars to generals, from modern to ancient times, from one note to another more acute, etc.; as, our inquiries ascend to the remotest antiquity; to ascend to our first progenitor.