• Asper Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Rough; rugged; harsh; bitter; stern; fierce.
- (n.) A Turkish money of account (formerly a coin), of little value; the 120th part of a piaster.
- (n.) The rough breathing; a mark (/) placed over an initial vowel sound or over / to show that it is aspirated, that is, pronounced with h before it; thus "ws, pronounced h/s, "rh`twr, pronounced hra"t/r.
• Aspermous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Destitute of seeds; aspermatous.
• Asperse Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To sprinkle, as water or dust, upon anybody or anything, or to besprinkle any one with a liquid or with dust.
- (v. t.) To bespatter with foul reports or false and injurious charges; to tarnish in point of reputation or good name; to slander or calumniate; as, to asperse a poet or his writings; to asperse a mans character.